Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kitten

When Theo opened the door to leave for school this morning, a kitten walked in to the apartment.

She ( I didn't check, but I am just going to go with it) wasn't a tiny baby, but she was still pretty far from grown. I don't know why she was on our porch (we live on the second floor), but she seemed quite pleased to come in. She checked out the apartment, sniffing around and crawling onto shelves and under furniture. She seemed particularly enamored of the office closet.

We aren't allowed to have animals where we live, and I was kind of afraid she would pee on something, so after about ten minutes I took her outside, even though she was adorable and purry and had a fluffy tail. I set her on the porch and tried to do some schoolwork.

Two hours later, I went to water my outdoor plants, and the kitten came back into the house. I figured that if she had been hanging out this long I might as well let her stay a bit longer, and I gave her a bowl of water. She hung around a while longer, doing some more exploring and sitting on my shoulder. The visit was cut a little short when she started making little kitten-puking noises, and I once again evicted her to the porch.

I left a little while later to run some errands. The kitten was sitting on the porch, and she followed me down the stairs and out to the street. I don't know where she went after that--I hope she has a home. She seemed pretty well fed and friendly, but I am fairly tempted to get some cat food to have on hand in case she comes back.

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! LMBO!!! You know what they say, you don't choose a cat, they choose you!!! AND it seems this little bugger knows how to use its cute feline wiles to get to you. Mwahahahahaha!! IF you get food its yours. Gotta be from a neighbor right?? They are so damn hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was just so aggressive about coming in! Door opened, suddenly she was in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hrrmm.. considered getting her as a companion animal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be able to resist taking her (?) in. Kittens can be hidden from landlords - younger daughter did it for months. :)

    ~ Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she has an actual home somewhere around here--she's not starving by any means, and she is only around in the morning and early afternoon--late afternoon and evening she vanishes. I am guessing someone lets her out when they go to work and she goes in when someone comes home from school.

    They way she acts just does not say stray to me. If I thought she really was homeless I would do something, but as it is...I don't want to take her in and have someone all sad that they lost their cat.

    ReplyDelete