Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Settling in

I've been in Missoula for four days. Mostly it's been rainy. Yesterday I climbed the M (there's a mountain with a giant M on it. There is a trail up to the M. It is a thing). Also climbing were about 200 schoolchildren. This is the last week of school here, and apparently that is what is done.

I fell down a mountain when I was pretty young, and ever since I have been a fairly cautious hiker. The M trail is not exactly backcountry, but there are some fairly steep places and, like I said, I am cautious. Do you know who is not cautious, nor willing to put up with people who are? 200 schoolchildren. It was terrifying.


Aside from death defying mountaineering, things are fairly low key. I am jobhunting like a mad thing--not only does not having an income give me hives, I don't know what to do with this much free time. I am trying to write my latest masterpiece (at some point I will do a post on Novels I Have Written, so that my genius can be better understood), but I am bad at imposing structure on myself--give me an action packed schedule and I will knock out 2000 words a day, but free time? Useless.

On the plus side, I have been able to experiment with new cookie recipes, so if nothing else I see a promising future in the weight-gaining industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment