Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why are you interested in this position

Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think? Because I am fascinated by the fast paced world of shirt folding? Because filing fulfills some gaping emptiness in my soul? Maybe because I just really love dealing with irrationally angry people.

I don't actually like lying to people. Most of the time, anyway. I mean sure, it can be fun to see how ridiculous your story can get before someone calls you on it, but these  little institutional application lies aren't nearly as interesting.

I am interested in this position because I like to eat. I like to live in a house and have internet and TV, even if the TV (now with an antenna!) only has five versions of PBS and the religion channel. I like to buy books, and occasionally wear clothes that aren't left over from when I was in high school, and having this position would allow me to continue to do these things.

I am additionally interested in this position because it offers health insurance, and I am getting married soon and won't be covered by my oh-so-patient parents any more. This position would get me out of the house and make me actually be productive with my free time, because I can't deal with a lack of structure and I am bad at imposing it on myself. This position would let me spend the summer somewhere with air conditioning, and maybe someday allow me to have air conditioning of my very own.

Just kidding. I am interested in this position because the fast paced world of sales has always appealed to me. I'm a real people person.

No comments:

Post a Comment