Friday, June 18, 2010

Up, Over and Around

This week has been all about the travel. I got an email on Monday  from the woman who is officiating at my wedding in August, saying that she could meet with us on Wednesday in Great Falls to talk about the ceremony. As neither I nor my husband-elect is currently employed, it wasn't a huge deal to schedule a last minute trip to Great Falls, and we had to do other wedding/reception planning stuff there anyway. So we loaded up on Tuesday and headed out.

Wednesday was an exciting day of wading around town--it was pouring--confirming our spot at the KOA for the reception, choosing a spot in my grandma's back yard for the actual wedding, finding absolutely the shortest marriage service possible, and scoping out potential places to register. We also managed to hit a class at the gym.

Even before the trip to Great Falls we had planned to travel this week. My (non-yard having) grandmother died in March, and today there was a memorial in Bozeman. So Thursday morning we got back in the car and drove through more rain. My mother and I took the opportunity to go dress shopping--I'm not doing a traditional wedding dress, but I do want to get something nice. Unfortunately, I have been able to find dresses that fit, are the right color, the right shape, or the right fabric, but never all at the right time. Bozeman, like Great Falls and Missoula, didn't have anything quite right. I am starting to get concerned.

Today was the memorial, which involved a larger gathering of my dad's side of the family than there has been in quite some time. It even stopped raining, though it never quite got warm.

Then there was more driving. And now I am home, and I think I am going to eat a bowl of cereal and go to bed, and not drive my car again for a while. We are going to have to go back to Great Falls sometime soon because we still need a marriage license, but right now? I am glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment